Blog Post Keyword SEO Guide
There’s no easy way to begin this post, especially after reading a lot of SEO tips and tricks.
Let’s get down to the harsh truth.
A lot of people who are not in this industry do not know how to properly optimize their keyword SEO on their blog posts or websites.
However, if you want to rank in google, you must always do your keyword research. This Blog Post Keyword SEO Guide will help you.
If you have an idea for a blog post, go validate it.
There's no reason to be posting content that people will never look for, and there's also no reason to compete for keywords that are above 30 Keyword Competition. If you're a beginner, 30 is competitive, and you probably won't rank for it.
To check the keyword KC, go to google keyword planner and download the excel file or use Long Tail Pro.
You may rank for other keywords by accident, but it's better to know for sure through proper keyword research than to speculate.
A lot of my articles haven't been validated. I'm not going to delete them, it just becomes another to-do task on my list.
Before we get into the blog post keyword SEO guide, make sure your blog post URL does not include the date. I’m going to assume you are using a WordPress blogging platform.
Follow these steps to fix this SEO problem now.
1. Login to your WordPress site
2. Go to settings in the side bar and look for permalinks.
3. Under common settings, press post name. and then save changes.
That's it! Let's move on.
The last post was a 16-step
Before we get into the process of optimizing SEO for your blog post, join me in doing some research.
How to use MOZ SEO Toolbar
I'm using the MOZ SEO Toolbar to see all the main keywords on an AuthorityHacker blog post. This is the post.
Now assuming you downloaded the toolbar, go on that post and press this button.
What you should see now is a breakdown of all the keywords for the blog post.
The SEO Toolbar shows that they have successfully done their keyword SEO optimization on this blog post, although the "Alt Text" could use some work.
Now let's look at the keywords they rank for using SEMrush.
Paste the blog post into the search bar and select organic research on the side.
Just from that, you can see what position they are in google for several long tail keywords.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter to get the latest updates!
Now that we know how to see what other people are doing with their keyword SEO and the searches they rank for we can start to either
Blog Post Keyword SEO Guide!
I'll be using Long Tail Pro, so go get their trial or buy it. You may use google keyword planner too.
1. Research for some keywords in google adwords or long tail pro.
2. Make sure they are under 30 KC and have several sites with a domain authority under 25.
3. Focus on one main long tail keyword (4-7) words
4. Use the keywords you found in your title
5. Use them in your post, 100 words into the post and 100 words nearing the end
6. Title your image file name after the long tail keyword
7. Do the same for image alt text
8. Keep all your SEO keywords relevant to each other
9. Use heading 2 for dividing your post, include the long tail keyword.
10. Bold the keywords.
12. Italicize names of products, brands.
13. Link your post to other posts within your blog, stay relevant.
15. Download YOAST SEO plugin and fill it out.
14. Optimize your URL to have the keywords.
- 54 Characters for the title tag (no stop words)
- 256 characters for meta description (tease your audience)
Mine for this post ended up looking like this;
Avoid having "Stop Words" in your title, URL and your focus keyword section. This is because they are not valuable words in SEO and are seen as unnecessary. Have strong titles and use the co-schedule headline analyzer.
Examples of Stop Words
Now, there's only so much keyword SEO you can do. It has a limit. That means, if you read this post and apply it to any future articles you publish, you pretty much killed 95% of your keyword SEO problems.
Good thing I started with the mindset of building a niche site every week, because the fast pace I'm going at is allowing me to figure out so much more in very little time.
You know what doesn't have a limit though?
Link building. This is topic for another blog post.
How do you advertise your blog to bring in more visitors? Let me know in the comment section below!
This post was made with Thrive Themes Visual Editor.